Experience your best smile with general dentistry.
If you want to maintain a healthy, beautiful smile for life, general dentistry is exactly what you need. General dentistry aims to prevent diseases and disorders of the teeth, gums, and jaws before they begin or when they’re in their earliest stages. Through personalized patient education, routine exams and cleanings, and personalized treatments, general dentistry helps you avoid and treat common oral health issues, like tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer, fractures, and bruxism (teeth grinding and clenching).
General Dentistry in Duvall, WA
At Duvall Dental Center, Dr. Tyler and his team utilize modern dental technology and techniques to offer gentle, comfortable, and compassionate general dentistry services that maintain your best smile at every age.
- Routine Exams and Cleanings: During your visit every three to six months, Dr. Tyler and his team will thoroughly clean and polish your teeth and perform a meticulous oral health exam and oral cancer screening that can detect potential issues in their earliest stages.
- Fluoride Treatment and Varnishes: Professional fluoride treatments are a safe and effective treatment to protect your teeth against cavities and reverse early-stage tooth decay. If your teeth are prone to decay, Dr. Tyler may suggest an in-office treatment with CTx2 fluoride varnish or an at-home treatment with CTx4 tooth gel.
- Tooth Sealants: Sealants are thin protective coatings that are painted onto the chewing surface of your back teeth to create a barrier between your tooth enamel and the bacteria that causes tooth decay.
- Root Canal Therapy: Root canal therapy is a common dental treatment that helps alleviate tooth pain, prevent tooth loss, and make your smile strong and healthy again. Duvall Dental Center has partnered with neighboring dentist Dr. Cynthia Tyler, a board-certified endodontist and Dr. Tyler’s wife, to deliver this tooth-saving treatment. Dr. Cynthia Tyler can stop your tooth from hurting and save it from extraction in most cases with current techniques and technology.
- Gum Disease Treatment: Your best smile depends on gums that are resilient and healthy. If you are experiencing any form of periodontal (gum) disease, the Duvall Dental team will customize a treatment plan to reestablish your gum’s health using techniques like scaling and root planing and at-home CTx4 fluoride rinses.
- Dry Mouth Treatment: Along with creating an unpleasant sensation, dry mouth can trigger a host of unwanted oral disease. Dr. Tyler can help you manage dry mouth with specialty professional products and treatments, like Dr John’s candies, Spry gum and mints, XyliMelts, CTx4 tooth gel, and other CariFree products.
- Halitosis (Bad Breath) Treatment: Bad breath can make you feel too embarrassed to be yourself in front of others and speak freely. Dr. Tyler will work with you to pinpoint the root cause and offer personalized solutions and tips to reduce or eliminate bad breath.
- Mouth Guards and Night Guards: Your teeth are incredibly resilient, though they can be easily and permanently damaged if exposed to the wrong kind of impact. If you play contact sports or grind or clench your teeth, Dr. Tyler will craft a custom mouth guard or night guard that provides the highest level of comfort and protection.
Keep your smile bright and healthy.
When combined with daily oral hygiene and healthy lifestyle habits, routine preventive care is one of the best actions you can take toward keeping your smile bright, strong, and healthy for life. By visiting our office twice a year, you can avoid tooth decay, gum disease, enamel wear, tooth damage, and otherwise preventable symptoms and pain.
Dr. Tyler and his team use advanced diagnostic technology and gentle techniques to assess the health of your teeth and gums, catch issues in their earliest stages, offer personalized guidance, and leave your smile shiny and clean.
What to Expect During a Routine Dental Visit
If you’re a new patient or a year has passed since your last X-rays, your dental visit will begin with a simple digital X-ray procedure and periodontal (gum) health assessment. Next, your hygienist will use a small mirror to check for potential dental issues in hard-to-see places and use specialized dental tools to eliminate plaque buildup.
Once your teeth have been cleaned, flossed, and polished, Dr. Tyler will conduct an oral cancer screening, examine the health of your mouth and teeth, and offer personalized at-home or professional treatments to maintain or reclaim your oral health and general well-being.
Rebuild your smile’s strength, function, and beauty with restorative dentistry.
Living with smile damage can dramatically impact your smile’s look, function, and feeling. While your smile may have been something you didn’t think about much, you may now find yourself struggling to eat your favorite foods, facing uncomfortable tooth pain, or dealing with a sense of self-consciousness when you smile or speak.
Though experiencing smile damage can feel challenging or overwhelming, know you’re not alone and you can reclaim your smile and sense of well-being through skillful, compassionate, and personalized restorative dentistry treatments at Duvall Dental Center.
Restorative Dentistry in Duvall, WA
Dr. Tyler and the entire Duvall Dental Center team are passionate about helping you elevate your daily quality of living with restorative dentistry treatment tailored to your unique situation, goals, and needs.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: Tooth-colored fillings are a durable and aesthetically pleasing cavity repair treatment option that seal out harmful bacteria and perfectly match the color of your smile.
- Crowns: Using modern techniques and materials, Dr. Tyler can help you preserve healthy tooth structure and repair tooth damage and deep decay with a dental crown that matches your smile’s aesthetic, prevents future damage, and restores your smile’s comfort and beauty.
- Bridges: If you have one or more adjacent missing teeth, a customized dental bridge can “bridge” the gap and make your smile look and feel whole and functional again.
- Dentures: Custom-made for your unique needs, we use the custom-made dentures by a local denturist.
- Dental Implants: The most complete and lifelike tooth replacement option available, dental implants are sturdy artificial tooth roots that support highly customized prosthetic teeth, including crowns, bridges, dentures, and full arches of fixed teeth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Combining the best of restorative and cosmetic dentistry, a full mouth reconstruction simultaneously rebuilds or replaces all or most of your teeth to beautifully restore your smile’s health, function, and fullness.