PROTECT YOUR TEETH WHILE PLAYING SPORTS WITH MOUTHGUARDS IN DUVALL, WA
If you play sports, you may protect yourself with gear like helmets, pads, and goggles. Yet many people leave their teeth unprotected. This despite the fact that up to 39 percent of all dental injuries are related to sports, according to the Journal of the American Dental Association. No matter which sport you play, we recommend wearing mouthguards in Duvall, WA.
We make custom mouthguards that perfectly fit your mouth. Unlike many models purchased from a sporting goods store, you won’t need to use the ineffective “boil-and-bite” method of adjusting fit. We can also easily accommodate braces and other orthodontia.
A custom mouthguard will:
- Protect your teeth from hard hits and other damage, so you can avoid costly restorative dentistry.
- Be comfortable to wear, so you’re not tempted to leave it on the sidelines.
- Allow you to breathe and speak easily while wearing it.
- Last longer than store-bought mouthguards.
If you need a custom athletic mouthguard, call (425) 788-2626.
We also provide custom mouthguards to prevent teeth grinding
We can also provide custom mouthguards that prevent teeth grinding (bruxism), a habit that not only damages your teeth by wearing down the enamel but can also aggravate TMJ-related jaw pain. These kinds of mouthguards are sold in retail stores, but they come in a confusing variety. Our dentists will examine you and take impressions of your teeth to ensure you get one that will suit your specific situation.
No matter which kind of mouthguard you are getting, we’ll use a digital scanner when taking impressions of your teeth. No more gagging on bad-tasting goop!
Take good care of your custom mouthguards – and your teeth
With proper care, a custom mouthguard can last several years. You should:
- Wear It Whenever You Play – Whether it’s practice or a game, always wear it.
- Keep It Clean – After each use, clean it with a soft toothbrush and non-abrasive toothpaste or in cool, soapy water.
- Avoid Excess Heat – Avoid putting it in direct sunlight or using very hot water to clean it.
- Keep It Dry – Make sure it’s dry before storing it. Keep it in a perforated container so air can get to it.
- Let Us Check It – Bring it with you to your dental exams so we can check it for damage or excess wear.
Interested in mouthguards in Duvall? Call (425) 788-2626.