Relax With Our Duvall Sedation OptionsDoctor Brandon Tyler on Sedation Read Transcript
There are many people who are very scared and hesitant to pursue dental treatment because it's always been a very invasive, uncomfortable experience for them. Some people have a lot of issues with gagging or having a lot of things in their mouth, and that makes it very difficult for them to pursue treatment. Some people are just terrified because of a past experience, which is very, very common. We've got a lot of ways of helping people get through that.
One option we have is we do employ (inaudible), which, laughing gas is what it's more commonly known as. They can provide a very mild sedative aspect and just kind of relax people, and make things a little less invasive for them. We do employ minimal sedatives. A pill form of a sedative where you take it, you have a driver, and it relaxes you and makes the procedure a little easier for you.
For more impactful procedures, or people who have more fear, we do have more profound sedation options available to help maintain that comfort and help people get the care that they need. We have IV conscious sedation, which we can utilize. Additionally, we also have an anesthesiologist we can coordinate with to provide more deeper levels of anesthesia to keep people even more comfortable, either because they're that fearful and have that much of a anxiety towards dental treatment, or because the procedure itself is going to be that impactful on the patient, and they will be much more comfortable if they are at a deeper level of anesthesia.
We have a wide range of options available to keep people comfortable during dental treatment.
Sweaty palms and a racing pulse. Like many of our first-time patients, this may describe your reaction to the dentist. We’d like to offer you a different kind of dental experience, however. With our Duvall sedation options, you’ll receive the dental care your smile needs – while completely comfortable, relaxed, and stress-free. Choose treatment from Dr. Tyler at Duvall Dental Center and here’s what you can expect:
- Your choice of several types of sedation to help you feel totally at ease.
- Detection and treatment of oral problems that could damage the look of your smile.
- Reduced anxiety about future dental care.
- Peace of mind that your oral health and smile are receiving much-needed care.
Call 425-549-4668 today to schedule your next appointment. Dental sedation will make your visit go smoothly!
Take Advantage of Sedation For a Pleasant Dental Experience
At Duvall Dental Center, we do all we can to help our patients get the dental care they need – whether it’s for preventive dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, or oral surgery like a tooth extraction. Sedation is a wonderful tool used widely in modern dentistry to help patients relax. We offer all these types of sedation:
- Inhaled Sedation – You’ll breathe in laughing gas through a comfortable mask. In a matter of minutes, the sedative will begin to take effect and you’ll feel warm and fuzzy all over. This sedation method is safe enough even for kids.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Our dentist will prescribe a small pill for you to take before you arrive for your appointment. By the time you’re seated in our chair, you’ll feel very relaxed and maybe a bit groggy. You’ll need to have someone drive you home after your visit as the pill’s effects will take a few hours to wear off.
- IV Sedation – This level of sedation will put you in a twilight state and most patients remember very little if anything about the sights, sounds, smells, or tastes from their appointments afterward.
- General Anesthesia – If you’re extremely nervous about your dental care or are unable to sit for extended periods, general anesthesia may be your best sedation option. If needed, we can easily adjust the amount of sedation to make sure your procedure goes exactly as planned.