End Nagging Jaw Pain With TMJ Treatment in DuvallDoctor Brandon Tyler on TMJ Disorder Treatment Read Transcript
There's about 25 percent of the population that has jaw pain, muscle pain, discomfort, actually is caused by tooth position issues. So, we can take a diagnostic approach to help determine if that's part of the problem and just what it would take us to help minimize that problem or eliminate it for you. It can range to everything from braces to a little bite adjustment. So, we've got a lot of options to help people with their jaw pain and muscle issues with that.
One of the other things that always can be very beneficial for people who are experiencing these things is often a nice mouthguard/night guard so that we can limit the impact on the jaw joint and the muscles and provide some relaxation to them, so at least for eight hours of the day, the muscles can relax and hopefully feel better in the morning.
A misaligned bite not only affects how you chew your food, it can also create stress on your temporomandibular joints (TMJ). This can result in a condition called a TMJ disorder, or TMD. It causes a painful jaw, among other symptoms. Fortunately, we offer TMJ treatment in Duvall that can help.
Our treatment will:
- Be administered by Dr. Brandon Tyler, who has received extensive training in bite evaluation and correction through the respected Kois Center.
- Not involve surgery, shots, or drugs.
- Relieve chronic jaw pain and other unpleasant symptoms like headaches.
- Keep pain from spreading from your jaw to other areas of your body.
- Protect your smile from the damaging effects of teeth grinding.
If your jaw is bothering you, call 425-549-4668 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Tyler.
Custom Mouthguards Can Relieve TMJ Pain
About a quarter of all TMJ issues are created or aggravated by a bite-related problem. Thanks to his training, Dr. Tyler can identify your bite issue. He’ll then use a custom mouthguard and/or restorative treatment to reduce your pain and make it easier to talk and chew again. This treatment also helps reduce tension and migraine headaches, as well as teeth grinding that can damage your tooth enamel.
See Us ASAP If You’re Suffering From TMJ Symptoms
While jaw pain is the primary TMJ symptom, it’s not the only one. You may also experience:
- Difficulty opening and closing your mouth.
- Unexplained earaches.
- Facial swelling, especially around your jaw.
- Pain in your neck, shoulders, and upper back.
Don’t suffer with TMJ pain. Put an end to it with TMJ treatment in Duvall, WA. Call 425-549-4668.